An Overview Of Our Solution
Chemolex company is a renewable energy startup registered in Kenya and currently running a program called "wajibika"- loosely translated to "be responsible". The program has been generously supported by Clean Currents Coalition and Benioff. In the program:
1. We are setting up devices across major rivers in Nairobi called Plastic Waste Capture Systems, which trap all waste that is being swept downstream.
2. Organizing community outreach programs and cleanups. In the programs, we are educating the public on a 3R policy- reduce, reuse, recycle. We are also educating them on the effects of poor waste management.
3. We are engaging local unemployed youths living in low-income areas around the rivers to help us with the collection, drying, sorting, and transport of the collected waste from the rivers.
4. The collected waste/plastic is then r
- Population Impacted 300,000
- Continent: Africa